Severe headache on one side with ear pain on lying down. Diagnosed as trigeminal neuralgia. Improper tooth filling on the same side causing sensitivity, advised root canal. Cause of headache?

In December I had very bad cold and ENT specialist diagnosed it as sinus . I use to have very bad headache on my left side of head while lying down. Now again since last one month I am having strange headache on left side of my head while lying down with pain in my ears sometimes. One or twice the headache was so severe that I couldn t sleep whole night . I have shown myself to a physician he said it is trignminal neurologia . He sent me to a dentist before getting a CT scan done. Dentist said one of my tooth is having wrong filling on my left side which needs root canal to be done . Now the orthodentist is doing root canal of my that tooth. I often use to feel sensitivity on left side of my teeth but no pain in that tooth. Since last two days again I am having headache . I have eaten enough of pain killers can u diagnose what it is?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012