Severe cramping and spotting, back pain. Had an abortion. Concerned

Hello, I had a surgical abortion one week ago today. I was at six weeks and had a smooth procedure (ie minimal cramping and only a few hours of spotting). Two days ago (on the 5th morning after) I woke up with unbelievable cramping and had begun spotting again. I assumed this was normal- took a few ibuprofen and took it easy. Since then, I have had spotting, felt bloated and pain in my stomach and in my lower back (around my kidneys). I have a follow-up apt on April 8. Should I be concerned about my symptoms or just wait them out? Thank you for your help!
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013