Severe cough in morning, had strep throat. Taken Albuterol and cough suppressants. Suggestion?

I had strep throat earlier this month but the doctor said it was a different type of strep. I coughed up the attached image just before it cleared up. Then about three days after that cleared up I started to get a cough. The cough became worse so I went back to a doctor. One said I had walking pneumonia and the other said I had bronchitis . I was prescribed albuterol and a cough suppressant that starts w the letter B. my cough is so bad in the morning when I wake up for about a half an hour and then it eases throughout the day. I get a pain in my back on the left side when I cough. I do smoke cigarettes but have cut down since this started. I have also bought a bunch of OTC stuff as well as a humidifier . I ve spent so much money this month on medical expenses that I just want an answer I can be confident in. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012