Severe cough followed sinus infection. Unable to speak, vocal cords not touching. How to recover?

I had a sinus infection in Dec. afterwords came the cough . I would cough until I would almost pass out. Not I have no voice. I have not been able to talk for 5 weeks. I went to ENT today and he did a scope. he said my vocla cords are not touching. Now I go Monday for the camera in teh throat . Can I recover form teh seperated vocal cords? if so what can I do to make this better. I have a job in which Ineed to be able to speak
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013