Severe chills and body aches lasting about 2 hours, please help

My husband has sudden severe chills and body aches . Last night before bed he suddenly had body aches and went to bed. About 2:00 in the morning he woke up with severe chills. His body was shaking the entire bed and his teeth were chattering. There was nothing he could do to get warm and his entire body ached. About 4:30 in the morning, it subsided. This has happened many times in his life, about 3 times this year. He went to work today, but is extremely tired and sore . We have been to the emergency room once, but they could find nothing wrong. He also has a stint near his heart . He just had a checkup, cholesterol was a little high, but not bad, blood pressure fine. Help!
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011