Severe back pain radiating to knee, unable to walk, on steroid. MRI shows diffuse posterior bulge. Surgery required ?

h/o severe back pain radiating to knee,,unable to walk properly...put him on high dose of steroid and pain killer three time a day..MRI shows diffuse posterior bulge with small left paracentral protursion of l4 l5 disc compressing thecal sac and left budding nerve root .. diffuse posterior bulge of l1-l2 & l2-l3 disc intending thecal sac diffuse posterior bulge of l5 -s1 disc effacing anterior epidural fat,,,plz explain daes such patient need surgery?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012