Severe asthma. No help with steroids. Has body soreness after taking nebulizer treatment. Affecting childhood. Suggestions?

Finally soon meeting with a allergy/ asthma specialist, my 8 yr old son suddenly been diagnosed with severe asthma in august. His doctors never took chest xrays nor blood work just weekly visits we have been going. He gets so bad you can hear the rattling in his back thats when we go to the docs, they then give him steroid pills,more neb treatments,new inhalers. Its so frustratiing since the steriods didnt work last time and my little guy still cant breathe and i can hear his lungs filling up again?. The nebulizer gives him a very bad outcome, it works but leaves him so sore for days after, he cant walk nor can you touch his body? I am so scared i just want my son back it is affecting his love for the outside since he cant play in the snow, it sets him off. I guess my question is whats your opinion on the reaction to the nebulizer? Also would he be better off living in a warmer climate? We live in New York and I am willing to move whereever to help him! Thanks so much.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013