Severe ankle pain near ball of ankle, cannot sleep without keeping the leg on higher surface. Relief measure?

I m not really sure how to explain it but for a few months now ive had severe pain in my left ankle right by the ball of the ankle after resting it for a while it seems like it doesnt hurt anymore but the more i do during the day the more pain im in. For the first few months i didnt have any trouble sleeping now its like i cant sleep at all unless my foot is pushed up against something like the couch. I work as a donor greeter which makes me have to lift and move heavy objects which isnt helping the ankle but with just having a kid and no money to really visit a doctor cause im in the process of trying to find family insurance what could i do to ease the pain?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012