Severe acne on back, chin, neck, cheeks, shoulders, chest. No help with ointments, peels. Permanent solution?

Hello Doctor, I m a 27 year old girl, married since 5 years,have no kids yet.Going to start baby planning soon. I m experiencing severe acne since 3 years now. It started with back and then on my chin area, spreading to jaw line,neck and now cheeks and shoulders and chest. I ve shown it to a few good dermatologists in my town.They say it s acne vulgaris and adult acne , it s due to hormonal imbalance. I ve been using almost all available ointments available in the market and have got lots of chemical peels done, was also on antibiotics whenever doctor said it was needed in these last three years. My condition has worsen now. Lots of huge inflammed pimples have come on chin and neck area. Even though I apply ointments, they don t go. The variety is such that it takes 4-5 months for pimples to go off completely,leaving dark spots behind. I m tired of taking treatments now. It s been 3 years and no permanent solution to it. My periods have always been regular. Is there a way to treat my hormonal imbalance? Does it takes years to balance? Please help. Thank you.. Deepika Dave
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013