Several raised, painful and itchy bug bites on leg, back, and groin area. Cause and remedy?

Hi, I woke up over the weekend with what appeared to be several raised, painful and itchy bug bites one on the outside of my leg, one on my back, and four around my groin area where my inner thigh meets my vaginal area. The next day they were flattened and large and blotchy and two near my groin area had turned purple. They no longer itch either, they re just scaring me a bit. I just want to know what they are! I made an appointment with my dermatologist but it s later in the week and I thought I d try to see if any of you had some potential answers for me in the meantime. Thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012