Sever back pain after lifting weight. MRI of the lumbar spine showing scoliosis, disc bulge and nerve root compression. Can you elaborate?

Sir, I am Dr.Santhosh, i m preparing for my Pg entrance examination which are coming up in a month.Since 6 weeks i m experiencing severe constant pain at L2 to L4 area of my back, this started since i lifted heavy weight.. I m taking rest at home,but d symptom didn t improve. I consulted an orthopaedician, he advised me to get an MRI done for my Lumbar spine , The report came with the following impression - Normal study except subtle scoliosis of the lumbar spine with convexity to left side due to ? muscle spasm and mild central disc bulge seen indenting adjacent anterior thecal sac at L4-L5 level. - No evidence of nerve root compression. now d dr advised me to get a bonescan done.. What may be the indication for the bone scan? Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012