Seronegative lupus, on Morphine. Doctor advices to go on Suboxone. Confused?

I have seronegative lupus . Diagnosed by 6 drs. 94. I was on 30mg of ER Morphine , 3x day, and 30mg of IR Morphine 3x day. I used to be on almost 4x as much, but have brought self down and had to due to closure/death. The head of my pain clinic says this is a huge amount, comparing it to cancer doses. But this confused me as I have developed a tolerance over almost 20 years. He s pushing me to go on Suboxone , which is also confusing as I have never abused my meds and don t fit the definition of an addict.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013