Seizures, incoherent speech, memory loss, might have TB or cancer. Prognosis?

My father is 90 years old. He recently suffered a seizure and developed incoherent speech. Doctors ordered a CT scan and a chest exray. We were told the doctor suspects he could be suffering fro TB but they also feared it could be cancer . He sometimes forgets names of even his family members but sometimes he is very okey. Please help understand how we can take care of him. If it turns out to be TB, what is the risk to the close family members that are living with him?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012