Scar from exploratory surgery turned from normal white to bright red and swollen, oozing clear liquid. Cause?

50 yr old scar from exploratory surgery on stomach suddenly turned from normal white to bright red and swollen, rubbery and slightly fever or other symptoms, After 3 days it got bubbly/blistery and started oozing clear liquid. Any idea what could have caused this? Only thing I can possibly think of is I was burning lots of yard debris and fire was extremely hot...I could feel it through my clothes.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013