Scanty and short periods, mid-cycle bleeding, severe cramping and bleeding after intercourse. What could the cause be?

Hey I have been having weird periods last month I started and it only lasted for 3 days witch is weird for me I thought I may have been pregnat but I started again yesterday and had server cramping and really heavy bleading but I stopped after two days and me and my husband had intercrorse and I started beeding again and having cramping BAD when I plop down it hert so bad like something is stuck there what s wrong with me ?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
welcome to HCM

the symptoms mentioned abnormal flow, post coital bleeding are symptoms you must see a gynaecologist at the earliest

An examination and an ultrasound will be suggested to see if everything is normal

Depending on the findings further assessment or treatment can be planned

hope to have answered your query

DR Nandita Thakkar