Scan shows 5 weeks growth with no fetal pole or heart beat, empty sac, spotting seen, took Susten. Reasons ?

Hi doctor, As per the scan report, I am 7 weeks pregnant, but the scan is showing only 5 weeks growth with no fetal pole or heart beat detected, empty sac. And, I started sort of spotting, went to the hospital and the doctor suggested Susten and bed rest for 1 week. Now, the spotting had completely stopped and I am feeling even a lot better, except nauseous and tiredness. Can you suggest what maybe my status? Can it be a positive change after taking the drug?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012