Hi Dr. Chawda,
Thank you once again from the core of my heart for the guidance.I'm at present residing in Srikakulam .. a town near Visakhapatnam. I'm consulting a doctor in Visakhapatnam . I also read in many forums that consuming melanocyl daily and exposing to sunlight for 30min after applying Whit-Care can be dangerous. But I have been doing this for the past 2months. I was very very fair , but now my skin is tamarind color and I might turn into a negro soon!! My doc. insists its OK and people tend to over state on the net. I started off with Momate cream, then it was changed to Flucort
and now its Execare ( Dr. Reddy'd Lab ). Only thing is that I have now been put on Betnesol
1mg as I needed an immuno suppressant. My doc wants me to stop Betnesol after 2weeks... (ie after 3 days ). But I'm anxious as fresh patches may appear once I stop. My healing is excellent while I am on Betnesol. My doc wants me to stop Betnesol and observe.
1. Do you think the duration of steroid treatment is enough to suppress my immune system???? Or I can continue it on a lower dose for few more weeks? My body weight is 56kgs. Height 5' ( 155cms ).
2. I'm not diabetic, bit hypothyroid and taking 100mcg of Eltroxin
daily morning in empty stomach. BP is also normal with medicines. I got all blood tests done before commencement of treatment..and everything was normal. BP - I monitor on a regular basis. Its normal uptill now..inspite of me being on steroids
for the past 2 weeks. But I read online that Betnesol can also lead to cardiac arrest
..resulting in blindness
. I do get hot flushes at times though ..but not regularly.
3. Melanocyl with Whit-Care and exposure to sunlight can be continued for how many months. The treatment is very effective for the legs / fingers. Neck and back...minor results are showing up now..
4. Is it safe to apply Whitcare everyday and expose to sunlight for 30min... if I don't take melanocyl. ( In South India..sun rays are very sharp unlike Northern part of India ). I moved to Vizag about 6weeks back from Kolkata. In Kolkata the winter sun was unable to tan my complexion. But in Vizag, I've gone pitch dark, while my chest and abdomen are still pinkish white !!!
Do you think exposure time should be lowered considering the sun's heat in this part of the country.
5. I'm not exposing my face to sunlight, so do I still need to wear sun glasses? The tiny patch on my nose and around the nostrils are healing on their own and barely visible now. But if I expose my face to sun light, the discolored patch becomes prominent due to contrast.
6. Scalp also seems to be healing..only a moong dal sized patch was there on the front parting.
Looking forward to your further guidance and advise, since I'm really confused and depressed on account of this horrible development in my life. Do rush back panacea.