Round soft lump on neck, diagnosed as swollen lymph node. Root canal done. Cause of concern?

I noticed a lump on the left side of my neck in July 2012. It is round, soft and moveable. When I squeeze it, it does reduce is size but then gets a bit bigger over time. Often times, it does flucuate in size over a course of a day. I went for my yearly visit, and the doctor touched it and diagnosed it as a swollen lymph node. However, I do not have any other symptoms. I did have a root canal over a month ago. Also, I have had shoulder pain to do lifting to much weight for the past year or so. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012