Round red spots on neck and chest. Why do they itch? Is it a heat rash?

I am 46 and fair complected. Over the past few months I have been getting round red spots on my neck and chest . They seemed to have moved down toward my stomach and become more uniform in the past week or so. They don t really itch , although I do sometimes experience a little burning on my skin when I am in the sun (with my shirt on). I was told it might just be heat rash , but the spots are looking more uniform now. Ay ideas?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012