Rough skin on left elbow, severe bruise, dark dry skin. Cure for symptoms?

I have a problem with very rough skin on my left elbow----it has been an ongoing problem for many years. I use creams and lotions which offer temporary, very temporary, relief. The area of dark dry skin sometimes looks like a bad bruise and is very noticeable. I have been to several dermatologists and have a drawer full of prescriptions that have not worked. No one has told me what it is and when people ask me what s wrong with my bad bruise, I want to shrivel up and hide. Do you have any ideas?????? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012