Root canal treatment, when needle inserted tint of blood, taken tinimox, need to take apicoectomy. Recommendations?

HI,
My left front teeth has infection in the gums upto 2.3 m m and when i consulted the doctor he told me that root canal treatment have to be done, so he drilled my teeth and the root is kept open for the infection to get cured and he said once healed will do the sealing and if not healed a surgery called epiceptomy should be done . but now its been close to one month there is no pus now, but when he inserts the needle there is a slight tint of blood so he saying its not cured so epiceptomy should be done, Is it true? I had Tinimox tablets for 5 days. Pls reply
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013