Root canal done, final crown to be put in today, procedure done in two parts, persistent pain. Cause of concern?

Hello I recently had root canal , in two parts. Before the first procedure, I took a round of antibiotics . I then went on vacation and the 2nd procedure (filling with gutta percha) took place almost an entire month after the first procedure (extracting root, cleaning, temporary filling). For the 2nd procedure the endodontist said I did not need to take antibiotics again. I am worried because a week later my tooth area still hurts, could some bacteria have gotten in during the 2nd procedure? I am supposed to go for a final crown today but am worried.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012