Ringworm, treatment done but black marks present, reducing slowly. Suggest cure to remove it quickly?

i had developed ringworm a year ago and then from some sources i found out the natural remedy for the same is by applying the paste of ginger for 4 hours on the infected area. despite of burning sensation i continued to keep it for 4 hours. later it got burnt totally and then when i consulted the doc, he gave me proper treatment and its cured now. but there is a black mark on my skin which is reducing gradually automatically, but its really a very slow process. so my question is, what can be done to remove this black mark as quickly as possible. is there any cream or ointment suitable for such conditions? the doctor suggested trioblock cream but on internet many people suggested from their reviews that its not a good option, an alternative solution must be selected. so kindly give me your suggestion regarding this situation. i m residing in Maharashtra state, India
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,
Welcome to HCM,
I appreciate the fact that you have not tried any more home remedies for your ring worm infection. I would suggest scrubbing of dark areas by mild scrubs which are available commercially.
I also suggest you consult a dermatologist who will prescribe a pigment reducing cream according to the pigmentation level.
Hope i have satisfied your query.