Right flank pain. Blood work, urinalysis and CT showed elevated WBC, kidney stones. Had taken prednisone. Cause of pain?

I was seen in the er for right flank pain. Blood work, urinalysis , and a CT was done. Urine was clean, I have an elevated white cell count on my CBC, and kidney stones in my right kidney. Dr said the elevated white count was due to the prednisone I was given for an allergic reaction I had the day prior and could not give an answer for the flank pain. Could the kidney stones be causing the pain? I have had at least one of the stones found in my kidney since Oct of 2009. And would only 3 doses of prednisone elevate my white blood cell count?
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012