Redness in the clitoris of a 19-year old, faeces trapped in the labia. Is this the reason? Any home remedy?

I just changed my 19 year olds diaper after her nap and discovered the side of her clitoris is raw and red. She made a bowel movement , I discovered, during her nap and some feces was trapped in her labia . Could this be the cause? Also, is there anything I can do at home to treat the rawness, or should I take her to the er? Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. Your problem is most likely inflammation of clitoris which can be caused from bacteria of faeces. In such condition i advise to wash the genital area with warm saline water and apply betadine ointment.If not helping i advise antibiotics like clindamycin.I also recommend to use intimate wash regularly to normalize vaginal bacterial flora and PH and there by decreasing chances of further infection. Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.