Redness in eyes with prickly pain and white discharge, aggravates on bending over. Remedy?

Hi! Day 1-my left eye was just really really red. No pain, no itching, no discharge . Day 2-I went to show to a GP. She gave me tobradex eye drops even though she thought its viral. Day 3- I continue the eye drops. Day 4- my eye feels worse. It s swollen & beginning to hurt at the tip close to the nose . I discontinue eye drops. Day 5 - today - my eye feels really bad by now. If I dab my finger over the eyelid , it hurts the most at the tip close to the nose, and also has prickly kind of pain along the whole eye. It s swollen, white to clear discharge. It s almost excruciating pain when i bend over. All this while, my right eye stayed clear. Just today, I see some kind if redness in the right eye. I am really worried as to how contagious this is as I have a small child at home. Another GP gave me some more eye drops. But wondering what it is and how long does it take to clear up. Should I see an eye specialist?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012