Redness in eyelid creases and in upper eyelids, flaking skin, slight burning and itching. Solution and cause ?

I have redness in my eyelid creases and in my upper eyelids. The skin is also a litle bit flaky. It has a slight burning and sometimes itching sensation. This has been going on for months. I use hydrocortisone and it somewhat helps but does not resolve the problem. I have been washing my eyelids with facial cleanser but no real relief. I rarely use makeup and do not have nailpolish on which could be put in my eyes from touching. What could be the reason and the solution?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having inflammation of the eye lid margin blepharitis. It responds to hydrocortisone but the treatment is required for quite a long time. The treatment basically involves, cleaning eye lid margins, using antibiotic steroid eye ointment. The treatment is usually required for long time. Please do consult a eye doctor as the treatment is required for a long time it is better to take it under supervision of eye doctor after confirming the diagnosis.
Thank you