Redness, dryness around eyes. Taking benadryl, using elidel cream. Why is it?

Hello. I'm writing because I have redness and dryness, which encompass both of my eyes. The redness occurs on the skin around my eyes, and not the eye itself. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I haven't changed anything about my skin care routine, so I know it's not contact dermatitis. I have been taking Benadryl each night and using Elidel cream, and nothing seems to change. It actually is getting worse. Is it possible this is from my birth control pill?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013