Redness at bottom of voice box. How risky is it to smoke occasionally?

I went to see an ent about my sinuses and while i was there he look at my larynx area and throat , i am a smoker and he told me he see s some red at the bottom of my voice box and throat i guess from the smokeing and he told me to quit because that will definitly turn into cancer but its not cancer yet, it scared me so bad so i have been trying to quit, but sometimes i get so edgy and take a few puffs here and there to help my craveing, how much of a risk am i takeing with those few puffs, i have anxiety disorder and would like to know anything you can tell me please
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012