Reddish skin patches around the eyes, severe weight gain. Taking armour thyroid. Need alternate medication?

Hi. I have red patches of skin around my eyes and am gaining weight at a seemingly unmanageable rate. I take armour thyroid, so I would hope that's adequate for T3 and T4 issues, which I have had in the past. I could still have low T4, but as I understand it, T4 just converts to T3 only, so if my T3 is OK, then there shouldn't really be a problem.

I'm almost 48, but my doctor doesn't think that menopause is issue for me yet.

Do you have any idea what the issue could be? Is it possible I need to add some kind of T4 booster (like synthroid)?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013