Reddish lump on the labia majora after unprotected sex. Chances of herpes? STD screening in the past negative

Hi i am an 18 year old female and have been sexually active for just over a year now. I have had 6 partners to date and had unprotected sex about 19 days ago with a guy who has only ever had 2 partners before me. Getting out of the shower today i found a large lump on my right labia majora; just one. This really scared me as i thought it could be herpes . With closer inspection it didn t look like the typical herpes symptoms ( grouped cluster or lumps ); i am really anxious. I do shave my genital area though which makes me think that it may just be a shaving rash or ingrown hair as i regularly experience little shaving rashes and pumps. Due to the time it takes for herpes virus to show up in blood tests or in swabs im just scared if im too early and nothing is detected...and if i leave it too late i will just be hurting myself. I have had STI screening 6 months ago ( it was clear) and haven t had unprotected sex since this guy. Just wondering what your thoughts are? It is about the size of a pea and is red...doesn t have a white head like a pimple though and is quite hard to feel.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012