Reddish itchy swollen vagina with pain and white discharge. What is this?

Hello. I have been dealing with something that is dramatically painful. I had been experiencing extreme itching to the extreme. On Friday afternoon I decided to look and see what was up. I noticed that the outside of my vagina was super red and itchy and when I opened my lips there was this white build up. I freaked out and got q-tips and cleaned it out. This was my first time seeing something like this. I figured maybe it was some toilet paper flakes that got left behind. On Saturday afternoon the itching got so bad I sat on my bathroom floor and itched it like crazy. When all of a sudden my vagina lips got extremely swollen to the point where I couldn t sit down without pain. My clit is awfully soar and somewhat swollen. It still is alittle itchy. What can this be? I am dealing with this for the first time.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
From your description it seems that you have a severe vaginal fungal infection with a superadded bacterial infection causing such an inflammation. It needs systemic antibiotics as well as local treatment to deal with. Please consult your gynaecologist for the same.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal