Red splotches at the back of throat, taking Benadryl, no pain or discomfort

I ve noticed some red splotches on the back wall of my throat right behind my tonsils, and it looks like there might be another one behind my uvula . I am noticing, and have been noticing a feeling of mucus build up in my throat for a few weeks now, I ve been taking benadryl for a couple of weeks, and that doesn t seem to affect the splotches. Sometimes it also looks like the splotches get a kind of white sheen around them as well. I m in no pain or discomfort of any kind, don t feel ill at all actually.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012