Red rash around penis foreskin, itchiness. Tried betamethasone dipropriate cream. Will monistat help?

My husband has a redish rash around his foreskin that he has associated with the blood pressure medication amlopidine.The rash is not painful, but appears red, and he says it is itchy. He also has a rash around his rectum . All of this began shortly after he started on the blood pressure meds. He is embarrassed to ask out family doc to look at the problem. I have tried betamethasone dipropriate cream and desitin for him to no avail. Could it possibly be a yeast infection? Would Monistat be of any help?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013