Red potatoes freshly picked and eaten, developed metallic taste in mouth. Causes?

On Sunday night we ate red potatoes freshly picked from our backyard garden. They were delicious, but shortly after dinner I developed a metallic taste in my mouth. It seemed slightly better by yesterday and then (this is going to sound crazy) but my husband ate a bunch more last night and after kissing for awhile the taste has come back even more last night and today. My husband had the taste briefly but his has improved. I am 43 years old, weigh 122 pounds and am 5 6 .
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012