Red, itchy eyes with heavy lids

heavy lids in the evening, followed by crusty lids in the morning Several months ago, I experienced red, itchy eyes with heavy lids in the evening, followed by crusty lids in the morning for 2 or 3 weeks, then it stopped, then returned 2 weeks later for a week and stopped again. Then only heavy lids in the evening, followed by crusty lids in the morning with no redness or itchy for like 3 months straight now. Hard to keep eyes open when heavy, makes me feel like I should just go to bed early. What gives?
Asked On : Sun, 15 May 2011
Its viral infection to your eyes. its type of conjunctinitis. consult your eye specialist soon. use eye drops ciplox -d.dont expose your eyes to sun, dust.use dark sunglases.
Ophthalmologist Dr. P. K. Sehgal's  Response
u should take a course of topical antibiotics...drops and ointment along with a non steroidal antiallergic drops...obviously you need to consult an eye specialist for the same