Red cluster on penis, pains, blood after scratching, no pus. Is this common skin problem?

Pic below (link). Thanks for anything! I have a small cluster of what appear to be raides tissue on the side of my penis . I ve had these skin formation come and go for years, always in the same place. They are pale, the same color as my skin. They do not look like hair follicles. Their shape is asymmetrical, not round or peaked. I get a slight pain associated with them while inflamed, if you will. I ve booked a couple dermatologist appointments in the past. By the time I gt in, symptoms subside. I ve picked at the bumps before, and they seem to sort of scrap off, occasionally drawing blood. There is no puss to speak of. And I have yet to experience scars. Any ideas? Aside from the appearance and discomfort I feel, is there anything else I should worry about. Does this sound like a common skin problem? I ve attached pics, via a link. Look at the upper 3rd of my organ s skin -- near the circumcision scar. Please advise.
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012