Red circular patches on skin, not itching. On radioactive iodine therapy. Due to sun exposure or side effect of therapy?

My friends son age 13 just had radioactive iodine therapy 7days ago. They have noticed over the past few days that he has red patches (circular shaped on his body) Some are as small as a quarter and the largest is like a baseball . They don t itch . They aren t bright red but can notice them if they are pointed out. Could this be from the treatment? I m thinking it is. He has been outside swimming and in the sun playing. Not laying out in the sun though.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012