Red bump on the lips getting worsen, on valtrex treatment. Is it contagious?

Last night I noticed a little red bump on my lip and immediately took 2000mg valtrex I saw the doctor today and got another 4000 mg which I took 2000mg twelve hours after the innitial dose and another 2000mg after another 12 hours I was also given a cream which I have been useing. There has been no tingeling and I wonder if the doctor maybe diagnosed me with a cold sore based on looking at the scar I have from a previous one. The little red bump hasn t gotten worse it has actually gotten a little better. I am worried because I head on vacation with my parter and am wondering after the valtrex treatment if the little bump doesn t break open am I still contageous?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013