Red bruise on upper lip due to waxing, scarring, dark colored mark. Time to heal?

I had an upper lip wax burn . I tried to remove my upper lip hair with a cold wax strip. The strip couldnot pull my hair. Added to it, wax was stuck to my upper lip. I took me 15 mins to clean the wax. After that i saw a red bruise on my upper lip. It healed and turned black. I tried to remove the black part by rubbing and it scarred. Its been 10 days and still the mark is there on my upper lip. Its dark in color now. How long does it take to fade.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012