Recurring throat infections, soreness over soft palate with red patches, bumps on the back of throat with white heads. Serious?

hi I have had a sore throat for around a week and a half. The last two days my soft palate has been very sore and I just looked at it with a torch and found it is yellowish with red patches . I saw a ENT specialist a couple of months ago after recurring throat infections and concern about what my GP thought were blisters in the back of my throat but he said they were just glands however the bumps have persisted and now I can see a pussy white head head on one looking just like a large pimple? I am a professional singer so my throat is very important. Unfortunately I had two singing jobs Thurs and Fri night been and I am hoping I haven t caused some damage. many Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012