Recurring redness, soreness after hernia surgery. Had got removed non-dissolvable stitches after one such episode. Solution?

I had hernia surgery over 1 year ago. 3 months ago I had discomfort and went back to the surgeon. He did an in office procedure which ended up he remove non disolveable stitches from he area and told me that was causing the infection. The area healed fine and now 3 months later it seems that the area is sore and the same redness is back. Do I go somewhere else since the doctor that did the surgery seemed nervous the first time I came back or do I go back to see him?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013