Recurring lump on outer lip of vagina, itchy, inflamed, not spreading. What is it?

Hello I was wondering if you can help me. I currently have a small lump on the left outer lip of my vagina . It has come and gone over 2 months. I originally thought it was an ingrown hair but it is not. Sometimes it is itchy and inflammed and sometimes it is almost gone. I do not think it can be an std . I have only had intercourse with 2 men one was a long term boyfriend when i was young and the other is my husband. I had a baby 2 1/2 years ago and plenty of dr appt and have never shown any symptoms other than this. It is only ever on my left side so there is no spreading. Any information or suggestions you can give me i would appreciate. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Welcome to HCM,
From your history it seems that you might be having Bertholin Cyst producing these symptoms.
It may require excision of cyst with sac.
Consult gynaec, with physical examination only one gets clear idea about your lump.
Keep local part clean and healthy.
ok and bye.