Recurring eyelid swelling with redness, itching, burning. Had cured it in the recent past with Elocon forte. Can I continue using this?

My for a few months now my eyelid swells up, gets red, itches and when it drains into my eye, causes burning. Years ago I was prescribed by my family doctor a white creamy ointment that had the name elocon furoate in part. I can t remember the full name. My family doctor that I have now refuses to give me anything but instead tells me to see an eye doctor. I told her about the ointment that I used that would get rid of the problem. I don t know if it s because she s a fairly new doctor and doesn t know what exactly the ointment is that I used that she doesn t want to give me anything but instead would rather refer me to an eye doctor. I don t know why I should have to pay more money to see an eye doctor when she could just prescribe me what I told her that worked in the past for me. Do you have any suggestions?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012