Recurring extensive bleeding, blood clots, painful. Will I be okay?

I have recurring prolonged times of bleeding-over the last two years have a course of non stop lasting over thirty days.This time started my period Jan 13th, normal for 4 days, then heavy bleeding/clots.I try to rest for a day, than active working-starts again with heavy bleeding and clots, Has been 40 days of this cycle. Today, seemed like stopped, than slight ache, large clots and steady flow within minutes. I have been working long hours under stress and have not been eating well. Any thing i can do without going to a doctor again, I went to the health clinic and they gave me birth control pills.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013