Recurring cough, taken light medicine, joint pain. Recommendations?

Hello....I have had a cough since Dec. It at times seems to improve then comes raging back. I have been to the Dr 2x. First, got a script for acid reflux. Second time, told to try zyertec and perdnisone. Zyertec didn't work. Prednisone seemed to help a bit, was on 5-10mg once a day for 5 days. After the fifth day, Thursday, I woke up Saturday in excutiating joint pain in my knees and ankles which lasted a solid 2 day with the 3rd just being a bit slow. This was a couple weeks ago...still have the cough seams to be getting worse again keeping me up at night. It started last night at 330am. Talked to the Dr again today, he prescribed Flonase. I have lost faith in my Dr. Can you give me your thoughts?? Oh during the 2 week period after the prednisone, i also tryed allegra.

Thank you,

Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013