Recurrent fever that subsides with panadol, elevated ESR. Had taken clericit for chest infection. What can be done?

my son who is 16 years old and having fever from the last 25 days. Doctor initially diagnosed his chest infection and treated him clericit 500 mg 1x tab dail for 7 days. His fever came down from 104 F to 99,100 F but not completly finished. All his test were conducted and are normal except ESR which was initially 26 then increased to 45 and now 54. Now doctor says his test are normall and he has also recovered from chest infection. But he has still fever at different time and it last for 1 hours and come down to normal after taking panadol tab. Please render advice.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012