Recurrent eye infection, swollen eyes, irritation with sticky discharge. Eye drops not effective. Cure?

I have had a recurrent eye infection for almost 2 years. The infection began with swollen eyelids. My eyes feel sore and irritated, are very swollen after sleep with a sticky discharge . The swelling is worsening and now affects the under eye area. There is also purplish brusing to the lid of one eye. I have used antibiptic eyedrops repeatedly which helped in the short term, though the condition recurred quickly after course. These drops no longer seem to impact the condition. Its very depressing, ageing and irritating.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012