Rectal bleeding with mucus and blood clots. What is that suppose to mean? Why is there abdominal pain?

For the past 2 months I have been having rectal bleeding with mucous and blood clots. I have the urgency to have BM s continously thru the day but upon applying pressure its just blood. I am 54 yo female student and have no insurance at this time. I have been taking Miralax daily as well as the probiotics for colon health. I have been experiencing abdominal pain primarily right side radiating to my back along with peridioc colickly abd.pain. Its very bad today should I go to ER.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012