Recovering from fistulotomy. Abscess turned into fistula removed. In pain. Taking antibiotics and Advil. Remedy?

Hello Doctor. My husband has been dealing with a very long healing process after a fistulotomy. His last surgery for this was July 2011! This all originally started with a very deep abscess back in August of 2010. The absces was cleared but turned into a fistula . The first sergeon tried a plug which failed within 2 days. My husband is on his second sergeon (great doctor) but he has not completely healed. The opening from his fistulotomy in July 2011 finally closed to where I could not pack it approx 2 months ago, there is still minor drainage (no odor) and his pain has never gone away. His doctor is a general sergeon very experienced with this type of problem and teaches at one of the hospitals in our area of Las Vegas, NV. Is there another type of doctor/specialist we can consult to find out why he still has pain & minor drainage? He s taken so many antibiotics to avoid any possible infections that his stomach is a mess & almost daily has to take 2 advil to get through the pain which at times he says he can feel radiate to the top of his head.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  369 Awaiting Answer